Monday, December 23, 2019

The Middle Update 12/23/19

It's Winter Break Time!  A time to reflect on another year that has gone by, and look ahead to 2020!  A few year's back we put in place our Vision 2020 Goal...to be the best district of our size in the state.  As I think back to the last 6 years of work in our Middle School, I am proud of the work that we all have done to help us move closer to achieving that goal.  Our student achievement data is trending in the right direction, and the adjustments we have made this year appear to have our school culture and climate data on the right track as well.  As I reflect on the time, and look ahead to the next decade, I am proud of the staff that we have at Poynette Middle School.  A group that puts students first, seeks to innovate, likes each other, and works very hard.  Thank you and enjoy the break!!

IE Roster Adjustment to start 2020
After our Math team met to review student progress and plan for how we can meet our student needs, we have made a few adjustments to our IE Rosters.  We will start with these groups on Monday (1/6).  Please share with students on Thursday (1/2) and/or Friday (1/3).  Also, please let me know if you notice a student missing from the list (send me an email), and I'll make sure they find a home.


Images from the first half of the school year















No comments:

Post a Comment

The Middle Update 12/23/19

It's Winter Break Time!  A time to reflect on another year that has gone by, and look ahead to 2020!  A few year's back we put in place our Vision 2020 Goal...to be the best district of our size in the state.  As I think back to the last 6 years of work in our Middle School, I am proud of the work that we all have done to help us move closer to achieving that goal.  Our student achievement data is trending in the right direction, and the adjustments we have made this year appear to have our school culture and climate data on the right track as well.  As I reflect on the time, and look ahead to the next decade, I am proud of the staff that we have at Poynette Middle School.  A group that puts students first, seeks to innovate, likes each other, and works very hard.  Thank you and enjoy the break!!

IE Roster Adjustment to start 2020
After our Math team met to review student progress and plan for how we can meet our student needs, we have made a few adjustments to our IE Rosters.  We will start with these groups on Monday (1/6).  Please share with students on Thursday (1/2) and/or Friday (1/3).  Also, please let me know if you notice a student missing from the list (send me an email), and I'll make sure they find a home.


Images from the first half of the school year